The last few weeks (approx weeks 13-16 of pregnancy) my feet have been so painfully achey.
I knew that it was mostly likely all my own fault but when I looked it up…it just confirmed it indeed was me!
– I wear heels (little ones) to work
– I wear (Old Navy) flip flops on the weekends
– I’m barefoot in the house
Tie all that to a pregnancy, full time job and busy weekends and you have very tired and achey feet.
All the Google searches I’ve done indicate it may be Plantar Fasciitis.
Here’s a little blurb summarizing what it is:
Plantar fasciitis (say “PLAN-ter fash-ee-EYE-tus”) is the most common cause of heel pain. Theplantar fasciais the flat band of tissue (ligament) that connects your heel bone to your toes. It supports the arch of yourfoot. If you strain your plantar fascia, it gets weak, swollen, and irritated (inflamed). Then your heel or the bottom of your foot hurts when you stand or walk.
In an attempt to remedy the issue I have started to:
– Wear cushioned/arch supported sandals (Adidas slip ons with some sort of cushion)
– Stopped wearing heels to work. Flats are so much more comfortable
– Elevate my feet every chance I get to increase circulation
– Wear my house slippers, even though it’s SO hot!
– Hubby still presses/massages my feet at night as that brings about a lot of relief